Our Travel by XO Superstar, Lou Zagagnoni, spends the weekend in Wilderness and shares what she loves about this region along South Africa’s Garden Route…
What I love about the Wilderness…
- Affordable and diverse activities (canoe, horse riding, kloofing, hiking, paragliding, segways tours, quad biking…)
- Large choice of restaurants.
- Fresh and authentic products (oysters, honey, coffee, gin, craft beer..)
- The rain forest.
- The road (N2 along the sea).
- It is an unpretentious town with a lot to offer : a blue flag beach, a national park with waterfalls, canoe options, hiking trails, local delicacies.
A few reasons I would recommend this experience…
- It is not as touristy as Knysna and Plettenberg Bay.
- It is wild.
- It is affordable.
- People are very friendly and helpful.
- It is clean and safe.
- You can stay 4-5 nights without being bored.
- There is a large panel of accommodation, from the standard 3 star (wilderness hotel) to the fantastic 5 star (the Views Boutique Hotel).
Photo Credit: Lou Lou Zagagnoni
What did YOU love about the Wilderness?